Flexible, Powerful, Modular
Modular platform supports many IT use cases allowing you to choose the features you need.
Recommended Modules per Use Case
|Device-Level Performance Details|
|Automated Application Dependency Mapping|
|Cloud Cost Comparison|
|Migration (Move) Planning|
|App Classification & rscore|
|IT Environment Trends|
|App Stack Performance Comparisons|
|Device Performance Over Time|
|Threat Levels and Reports|
|Software Vulnerability Reporting|
A strong foundation lets you focus on delivering results without fear of missing something important.
Deploying agents takes time and is expensive. RISC Networks' platform uses lightweight agentless collection methods to gather critical data without impacting your environment. Our single virtual appliance can scale to thousands of devices being monitored and analyzed.
A successful foundation includes discovering servers, network and Unified Communications components. RISC Networks' discovery process has been refined through over 13,000 deployments. We focus on:
- Windows and Linux/Unix Servers and Workstations
- Complete Software Inventory
- Network Equipment (Routers, Switches, etc.)
- VMware environments
- Cisco Unified Communications environments
- Cloud based environments
- Database Architectures (MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle)
RISC Networks' discovery and inventory are fast, lightweight, safe and secure. Click here to register and see the details on what we collect.
Intelligent Application and Services Mapping
Application Dependency Mapping is only part of the picture. Understanding which servers and assets depend on one another to function is critical, but understanding how they pool together to provide business applications empowers you to tackle difficult questions. Intelligent Application and Services Mapping provides:
- Automated application and service discovery and grouping
- Mapping of which infrastructure services application stacks depend on to function (e.g. Active Directory)
- Application consumption by location- to quickly show which sites use specific applications and their impact on your network
- Detailed port and protocol dependencies by process. Allowing you to microsegment and secure your environment or deploy advanced networking features like SDN.
- Detailed bandwidth and latency metrics (Requires Flow licensing) to help WAN planning and network sizing
Application Performance Analysis
RISC Networks UCEL (Unified Correlation Engine Logic) checks all licensed devices for issues every 24 hours and provides Application rollup functionality- allowing you to pinpoint problem applications and proactively resolve issues. Searching for a needle in a haystack? We can help.
*Issues and detailed performance can be tracked and trended using our Performance and Trending module
Cloud readiness analytics that put you in control
Successful migrations to cloud require proper planning and analysis to determine the right applications to move, the right cloud provider, the best pricing model and much more. Whether you're considering public cloud, private or hybrid, CloudScape has you covered.
Optimized Cloud IaaS Price Modeling
On average, companies spend 66% more than necessary on Cloud IaaS. Our cloud IaaS planning and analysis is built upon patented technology that simplifies cloud cost models for your organization.
- Illustrates the differences between usage-based and inventory-based pricing
- Uncover cloud cost savings immediately for a more cost-effective cloud project
Cloud and Data Center Workload Sizing
Many organizations use spreadsheets and assumptions to size their workloads for cloud. It is not an apples to apples exercise.
- Provides more effective IT infrastructure device lifecycle management
- Complete picture of assets for cloud IaaS planning
Infrastructure Product Lifecycle Report
Provides a detailed analysis of equipment and software lifecycle as well as security vulnerability details. Includes virtual and physical server, router, switch and more
- Properly size your workloads using existing workload usage
- Eliminates hours of manual modeling and assumptions when building for cloud
- Complete Cloud Lifecycle Visibility: See your entire network infrastructure performance through its cloud lifecycle
- Lower IaaS Cost: Avoid overspending on mission-critical Cloud IaaS infrastructure
- Educated Decisions: Make informed decisions around the best cloud provider for your business (we are platform agnostic)
- IaaS Cost Modeling: Accurately model the cost of many public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace and Softlayer.
What You Get
- Asset & Performance Analysis
- IT Benchmarking
- Cloud Solution Cost Modeling
- Infrastructure Dependency Visualization
Performance & Trending Details
Get 360-degree insight into the daily performance and health of your IT environment, application stacks and devices.
Begin your analysis at the environment level and quickly understand and compare which applications need attention and which are operating as expected. The rich historical trending capability will help your team track trends over time and understand the impact of changes in your environment.
How are application stacks performing compared to their peers?
Score Trend Quadrant displays the health of an application stack relative to its peers and its change over the selected time period.
Compare performance of internal and external facing applications.
Application Score Quadrant displays the health of an application stack relative to its peers distinguished by its predominant mix of internal and external facing clients.
How are my application stacks performing over time?
Time series graphs in four key areas provide the user with historical performance: Top Performing, Bottom Performing, Improving and Declining application stacks.
Performance & Trending Benefits
- Understand which applications need attention and which are operating as expected
- Track trends over time
- Understand the impact of changes in your environment
- Use quadrant views to focus your efforts for big improvements
- Use device-level metrics to troubleshoot the root of problems
Identify threats with the context needed to understand them and secure your environment proactively.
“My server is connecting to anonymous proxies.”
“My HR department’s employee database is connecting to anonymous proxies, and Sara owns it.”
Data without context is just noise. Find the signal and get the context you need.
Threat Levels and Reports
Every night, we run a series of checks against the environment. We compile and prioritize all vulnerabilities into a single Threat Level rating, and will give you access to all the underlying data so you can determine the course of action.
These checks look for instances like:
- Software vulnerabilities present on packages that are installed or making connections
- A device started reaching out to the Internet for the first time
- Connections to high-risk areas
- A new listening process just spun up on a server
Software Vulnerability Reporting
To determine where and what vulnerabilities exist in a given assessment, we're pulling installed packages from servers in the environment and joining the records to our NIST integration. This enables you to determine the score, vector of attack, and other identifiers in the context of your applications.
- Utilize integrations with NIST and CIS OVAL CVE repositories
- Identify vulnerabilities on Linux packages (RHEL, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Oracle, and CentOS)
You can drill down into the vulnerabilities that are most important to you. For example, you can filter to report on only your PeopleSoft applications with Level 5 threats. Easily prioritize what's critical to you.
The Geolocation page displays collected IP address connections to your environment that have been geolocated to their area of origin. All incoming and outgoing Internet connections will be mapped globally to enable you to understand:
- Where your users are,
- If they are accessing your applications from high-risk areas,
- And if they are accessing your applications from anonymous proxies
Understanding where in the world your users are can help with cloud migration planning (e.g. where does it make the most sense to move to) and identifying where you may be receiving suspicious connections.
Want to learn more about the RISC Networks Platform?
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will reach out shortly.