Asset Discovery Service
The RISC Networks Asset Discovery Service provides customers with the assist they need to ensure their assessment is starting off on the right track with a full scope and of discovered and accessible assets.
RISC Network’s experienced engineers will follow a well-established process and methodology, leveraging our award winning ITOA Platform, to perform a comprehensive discovery of the targeted compute environment.
The result is a populated portal with discovered and accessible assets that are ready for licensing.
RISC Networks will conduct an engagement kickoff meeting to set expectations about the purpose of the engagement, the delivery approach and timelines, the amount of time and effort required from the participants, and the expected milestones and deliverables. The objectives of the meeting are focused on:
- Introduction of the delivery team, roles, and responsibilities
- Project goals and purpose of engagement
- Explanation of the expected engagement deliverables and work products
- Confirm prerequisites have been met prior to engagement start
- Conduct joint WebEx session with the Customer to deploy the Virtual Appliance and begin the discovery:
- Deploy Virtual Appliance(s) into Customer’s VMware environment
- Power on Virtual Appliance and perform initial bootstrapping procedures
- Input IP address information
- Input assessment activation code
- Input subnets to scan or import from CSV file
- Input SNMP credentials and test
- Input SSH credentials and test
- Input Windows credentials and test
- Input VMware vCenter and / or ESXi credentials and test
- Start initial discovery
- Review the Asset Report with customer to validate all expected assets are discovered and accessible
- If there are inaccessible devices that are in-scope for the discovery, then assist the customer to take the following actions:
- Determine cause (incorrect credentials, connectivity etc.)
- Take corrective action (remediate)
- Initiate a rescan
- RISC Networks will assist customer with up to two (2) rescans
- Obtain signoff of discovery results (Asset Report)
- Asset Discovery and Validation efforts will be limited to a two (2) week time period
- Hosted Final Review (WebEx)
- Obtain signoff
- Populated RISC Networks portal ready for licensing
- Asset information
- Hosted Final Review (Webex)
Tasks not specifically stated as being performed by RISC Networks in this document are outside of the scope of this project and are not covered under the fees of this services engagement. Specifically excluded, unless expressly stated in a section of this document, are:
- Remediation of access issues (e.g. WMI, SNMP, SSH)
- Definition, review, or refinement of application stacks (post licensing)
This section describes the responsibilities associated with the services RISC Networks will provide to Customer.
- Coordinate activities of all RISC Networks’ resources
- Provide Customer with RISC Networks’ resources that have the skills and expertise necessary to properly execute the requirements and services set forth in this document
- Provide any requests for information or scheduling in advance
- Respond to Customer inquiries and / or requests within 24 hours (excluding Federal Holidays)
This section describes the responsibilities of the Customer to RISC Networks with regard to this project:
- All work will be done remotely.
- All work will be performed according to a schedule agreed upon by both parties.
- All work is performed during normal business hours (US Eastern Time Zone) and workdays (weekdays and non-holidays).
- Customer will provide access to computer systems as required for RISC Networks team to perform tasks as outlined in this document. This will consist of the following:
- Customer will participate in joint WebEx sessions to facilitate remote deployment of Virtual Appliance.
- Customer will provide all input needed to bootstrap the Virtual Appliance (subnets, SNMP strings, credentials, etc.).
- Customer is responsible for executing all items discussed in the Pre-Deployment Checklist prior to remote deployment of Virtual Appliance. Any additional time required of RISC Networks personnel to perform the duties of this document as a result of Customer’s lack of completion of these checklist items will be considered billable time payable by Customer.
- Customer will have a fully installed and configured VMware infrastructure as required to support the RISC Networks Virtual Appliance.
- The Customer shall provide access to personnel knowledgeable with the infrastructure and applications as needed to perform tasks as outlined in this document.
- Customer will respond to RISC Networks’ meeting requests, or requests for information, within 24 hours (excluding Federal Holidays).
- Customer must accept the RISC Networks’ EULA and Professional Services EULA addendum. The EULA and Professional Services EULA addendum are made available in the platform and must be accepted by the customer during the initial implementation of the platform.